Burden Lake Conservation Association Presents “History Night”
When: July 23rd at 7 PM
Where: Burden Lake Club House located at 4 Brook Spring Ave. Averill Park NY
June 11, 2022 – CLICK HERE FOR MEETING MINUTES.
The Annual Meeting will be held on Saturday, June 11 at 10:00 am at the Town of Sand Lake Hall courtroom.
· This year, in addition to being held at the town hall, the meeting will be available on Zoom. During the height of Covid, we held our meetings on Zoom, and participation was very high. Also, many of our members have indicated their interest in using Zoom because of their inability to attend for various reasons. Zoom is available on your computer and mobile phone. There is no fee to participate in a Zoom meeting.
Maureen Straight will send out the Zoom link via the email you have provided us on the day of the meeting.
GLPC membership consists of those who live or own property on Glass Lake; we have two classes: Dues paying and non-Dues members. Dues are due for 2022.
August 26, 2021
Per the lab reports received this morning all restrictions regarding the lake and treatment of the lake are lifted.
Thank you for your support of this major project.
August 21, 2021 Saturday Clean Up Day!
On behalf of all residents of the lake, thank you to the 15 folks that turned out this past Saturday for a work day on the dike. Much was accomplished on a warm and steamy day. As everyone knows, the integrity of the dike is crucial for the entire lake and all its residents! – Bob Happy, Board Member
Thank you to Alyson and Bob Mitchell for allowing the debris to be put on their property.
Here are some photos capturing the day:
Brian Whitman, Treasurer
August 5, 2021
This serves as notice to all members and lake residents that Milfoil treatment by SOLITUDE will be next Wednesday 8/11.
Treatment will start at approximately 8 AM and end at approximately 2 PM.
Boats do NOT need to be pulled out.
Restrictions on Milfoil Treatment:
On February 26th 2021 a letter of notification was sent to all those on the lake with regard to the upcoming milfoil treatment. Among other things it outlined restrictions as follows:
- Drinking, Culinary or food processing purposes: There are NO RESTRICTIONS.
- Irrigation: Prohibited for 5 days or until the concentration is below 1 ppb.
- Swimming and Bathing: During treatment and 24 hours after treatment.
- Fishing: No Restrictions for fishing.
- Animal Consumption: Prohibited until the concentration drops below 1ppb
SOLITUDE will conduct the first test several days after the treatment date and we will post that information.
Spring 2021 – Milfoil Treatment
Update May 21, 2021
The DEC has notified Solitude that milfoil permit application appears to be complete. Per the DEC the milfoil treatment has been delayed in order to allow for a public comment period of 15 days. This will push out the original treatment date of May 24. There is no new date at this writing. When a new date is established the membership will be notified.
As you know Glass Lake is scheduled to be treated to combat the growth of milfoil on Glass Lake. Recently I have received several calls from our members to find out our progress. Here are the answers to the most common questions based on the facts that are currently known.
· Permits have been filed with DEC by Solitude effective 03/03/2021. I would note that a neighboring lake has also filed for the same permit on the same day and has already received their permit approval. Their process however is less complicated than Glass Lake! Glass Lake is the host of wetlands and therefore requires further review by DEC, including a site visit.
· Communication with Town: As the law requires, DEC sent a letter to the town of Sand Lake inquiring whether they wish to be the lead agency DEC will assume lead agency status after 30 days from the letter. The letter was received by the town supervisor on 04/02/2021. The town has indicated to the board (verbally) that they have no interest in being lead agency. The board sees no major hurdles at this point in the process.
· Lake Level: Some of you have heard that the lake might have to be lowered. While this is true it would only have to be lowered so that there is no spill over at the dam/spillway. So perhaps 2 or 3 inches if at all.
· Boats do not have to be pulled out of the water!!
· Solitude target date for application is May 24th 2021.
I hope this answers questions you may have, and I will continue updates as necessary!
Alfred Aita, President
Glass Lake Preservation Corporation
October 6, 2019
Yes, the Arlington House (3532 NY 43) is now open for private parties.
August 27, 2019
SOLitude Lake Management has completed a survey to treat our lake with ProcellaCOR targeting milfoil.
Other local lakes have treated with ProcellaCOR with good results.
Lowering lake to avoid water over spillway – Temporary
July 10, 2019
The Town of Sand Lake is repairing the bridge and wall beneath it. They have requested we lower the lake just enough so that water does not come over the spillway. This should be about only 2 or so inches. They will need about a week.
Public meeting July 9, 6:30 pm at the Town Hall courtroom.
This is described as a Community Forum on Public Water, and is an early step in the process of providing public water to the entire Town of Sand Lake.
2019 July 4th Flag Raising!
Great turnout! God bless America and Glass Lake!
2019 Annual Meeting
Saturday, June 15th
Sand Lake Town Hall
Hello Summer! It’s time for the annual flag raising and Memorial Day picnic.
Bring a dish to share, your own beverages and chairs. Your $10 annual dues will be collected.
Date: Saturday, May 25 ( Rain date: Sunday, May 26)
Time: Flag raising at 11AM, boat to “island”
Picnic at Noon at Aita’s
Address: 2557 NY 43
March 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM
Sand Lake Library – All Welcome
End of Summer Glass Lake Association Get Together at Terry and Sandy Cummings’
Please bring a dish to share, your own beverages and chairs. Your $10 annual dues will be collected, if you didn’t pay at the flag raising party in May.
Saturday, September 22nd. ( Rain date: Sunday, Sept. 23rd)
Time: 1 PM to 4 PM
Address: 2559 New York 43
Saturday, June 9, 2018
Sand Lake Town Hall
Annual Flag Raising
Saturday, May 26, 2018
End of Summer Get Together at Paolo Lombardi’s Ristorante
Sunday, September 10th
Thank you Holly for arranging this great time!
Work Day / Clean up
Saturday, July 15, 2017
9:00 AM – 1-2 PM
Meet behind former Glass Lake Hotel
Needed: Weed whackers, blades, cutters, chain saws & people
What a turnout! Huge THANKS to those of you who made it happen!!
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Sand Lake Town Hall
Memorial Day 2017 Glass Lake Association Picnic at Neitzel’s
End of Summer 2016 at Westfall Village!
Sunday, October 2, 2016