Camp Schodack is looking for staff for this summer! May 28, 2021
Come be part of our amazing children’s camp with many different positions available: General Counselor, Sports/Activity Specialists, Maintenance Workers and nurses. You will have the summer of your life! Contact us at email@example.com or 781-444-5520.
Spring 2021 – Milfoil Treatment
Update May 21, 2021
The DEC has notified Solitude that milfoil permit application appears to be complete. Per the DEC the milfoil treatment has been delayed in order to allow for a public comment period of 15 days. This will push out the original treatment date of May 24. There is no new date at this writing. When a new date is established the membership will be notified.
As you know Glass Lake is scheduled to be treated to combat the growth of milfoil on Glass Lake. Recently I have received several calls from our members to find out our progress. Here are the answers to the most common questions based on the facts that are currently known.
· Permits have been filed with DEC by Solitude effective 03/03/2021. I would note that a neighboring lake has also filed for the same permit on the same day and has already received their permit approval. Their process however is less complicated than Glass Lake! Glass Lake is the host of wetlands and therefore requires further review by DEC, including a site visit.
· Communication with Town: As the law requires, DEC sent a letter to the town of Sand Lake inquiring whether they wish to be the lead agency DEC will assume lead agency status after 30 days from the letter. The letter was received by the town supervisor on 04/02/2021. The town has indicated to the board (verbally) that they have no interest in being lead agency. The board sees no major hurdles at this point in the process.
· Lake Level: Some of you have heard that the lake might have to be lowered. While this is true it would only have to be lowered so that there is no spill over at the dam/spillway. So perhaps 2 or 3 inches if at all.
· Boats do not have to be pulled out of the water!!
· Solitude target date for application is May 24th 2021.
I hope this answers questions you may have, and I will continue updates as necessary!
Alfred Aita, President
Glass Lake Preservation Corporation
October 6, 2019
Yes, the Arlington House (3532 NY 43) is now open for private parties.
August 27, 2019
SOLitude Lake Management has completed a survey to treat our lake with ProcellaCOR targeting milfoil.
Other local lakes have treated with ProcellaCOR with good results.
Lowering lake to avoid water over spillway – Temporary
July 10, 2019
The Town of Sand Lake is repairing the bridge and wall beneath it. They have requested we lower the lake just enough so that water does not come over the spillway. This should be about only 2 or so inches. They will need about a week.
Public meeting July 9, 6:30 pm at the Town Hall courtroom.
This is described as a Community Forum on Public Water, and is an early step in the process of providing public water to the entire Town of Sand Lake.
2019 July 4th Flag Raising!
Great turnout! God bless America and Glass Lake!
2019 Annual Meeting
Saturday, June 15th
Sand Lake Town Hall
Hello Summer! It’s time for the annual flag raising and Memorial Day picnic.
Bring a dish to share, your own beverages and chairs. Your $10 annual dues will be collected.
Date: Saturday, May 25 ( Rain date: Sunday, May 26)
Time: Flag raising at 11AM, boat to “island”
Picnic at Noon at Aita’s
Address: 2557 NY 43
March 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM
Sand Lake Library – All Welcome
End of Summer Glass Lake Association Get Together at Terry and Sandy Cummings’
Please bring a dish to share, your own beverages and chairs. Your $10 annual dues will be collected, if you didn’t pay at the flag raising party in May.
Saturday, September 22nd. ( Rain date: Sunday, Sept. 23rd)
Time: 1 PM to 4 PM
Address: 2559 New York 43
Saturday, June 9, 2018
Sand Lake Town Hall
Annual Flag Raising
Saturday, May 26, 2018
End of Summer Get Together at Paolo Lombardi’s Ristorante
Sunday, September 10th
Thank you Holly for arranging this great time!
Work Day / Clean up
Saturday, July 15, 2017
9:00 AM – 1-2 PM
Meet behind former Glass Lake Hotel
Needed: Weed whackers, blades, cutters, chain saws & people
What a turnout! Huge THANKS to those of you who made it happen!!
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Sand Lake Town Hall
Memorial Day 2017 Glass Lake Association Picnic at Neitzel’s
End of Summer 2016 at Westfall Village!
Sunday, October 2, 2016